Sunday, September 11, 2005

A very Italian Brunch


It's another typical grey Papenburg weather. Kim invited us for brunch at her place. Italian bread, Olive, Mozzarella cheese, tomato, ham and tuna, very Italian. Pink Champagne was surprisingly a nice match for an early afternoon meal.

This is last weekend before I leave Papenburg next week. For those who may not know about my recent move, I am officialy resigned from current company that I worked for 10 years and September 14 will be my last day at work. It is quite sad to make a decision to close this chapter of my life in Europe but it is also a relief for me to be able to have time for myself and think what will come next. I guess the sky read my mind, because the sun was hiding and avoid to colour up the Sunday morning.

Despite of usual grey weather, we had a great brunch. Food was good, thanks to the host, Kim & Trevor and little Sam who was not quite behaved in good mood because of only an hour nap. It was kind of farewell brunch since Lee Lee & myself are both leaving Papenburg next week. We received a special present from Kim & Trevor with much Loves. It also came with a handmade card from Kim that described the feeling. That was really sweet and needless to say, in such an atmosphere, speech will only make us cry, especially we could not hold our tears very well and often cry no matter happy or sad occasions.

It has been a fruitful 3.5 years working experience in Papenburg, Germany. 3 ships new building projects, many days and nights spent in the office, going through many summer autumn winter spring. It has been really hard for the past 9 months. But now, I am very much looking forward to my holiday from Septemer 21 to October 30 and One Way Ticket "Balik Kampung"(returning home) trip in November.

I must also admit that I gain a lot from past 3.5 years and I travel extensively within European cities a lot to compromise my hardworking days and nights. However, I believe that there is next train waiting for me to get on and enjoy different scenery along a new journey. My current train has almost reached the final destination and I am about to board another new train to start new chapter of my life.

Many friends have asked me what I plan to do next. Well guys, I have no idea yet. I am sure I will rest well and think later. I want to do many many things, however losing fixed income isn't a fun thing too. Therefore, when I really getting desperate and need your helps, please do send SOS troop!

Agassi is playing Federer in the US Open Men's Single Final now. If Agassi can work so hard to reach the US open final in the age of 35, I am sure to begin a new career in the age of 35, there is still lots of hope for me.

Lastly, thank you Kim & Trevor for everthing!! @}--- (p/s : this rose isn't as nice as your verandah one, but is special dedication for you for Today!)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to reading your adventures. There is a time and place for everything! :)

2:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

papenberg is a city that, even featured on a map, nobody would have noticed its existence. like butterworth, even malaysia as a whole. it must have so many stories you can tell about this city and its people after spending more than 3 years there (although most of the free time you are travelling). we have kim & trevor and foreigners like urself in this city and what happens...i think this is going to be a very interesting blog. papenberg and beyond...

2:57 AM  
Blogger Mimi said...

Papenburg is a lovely place. I am sure I will have time to think back, write and share my 3 years' memories. just need a little bit of time... please hang in there for me...

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home