Monday, September 12, 2005

Hong Kong Disneyland

Watched BBC today, HKG Disneyland grand opening day. Lion Dance, Chinese drum music, chinese ribbon dance, RED costumes, RED decorations... everything looks like Chinese New Year occasions than a Walt Disney event. It is funny to see how the Asian culture blend into the international WD to display a localise interest.

I have an upcoming trip to HKG in December with my youngest sister Vivien to Disneyland. As I had read some reports and critics in HKG newspaper and website about the negative response from local people about this theme park, I thought of the hectic operation support we encounter recently to provide sufficient supplies to our operations on board to run the show and make the guests happier. Same theory, I guess.

This Disneyland is still new and is first one in the Chinese land; high expectation will result much dissapoitment; this is normal for a new opening.

I hope by the time I go to HKG, things will be much improved and operations is running smoothly because Vivien will definitely want to enjoy at least 2 rides of Space Mountain!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home