Friday, October 14, 2005

A History of Violence & Elizabetown

I told May I wanna watch movies today!! That's why today's activity is movie watching.

I have about 30 minutes before the 2.15pm show, we went to KOHL's and I managed to grab some bargain items in less than 20 minutes. Guys, I am a pro-buyer!

We returned to watch Viggo Mortensen's "A History of Violence". Thought this movie will not be the same if you would have watched it in Msia (what else if not the Msian censorship board). I like this movie, VM is very good, so does the actress (Maria something..?!) who played his wife. Ed Harris only have about 30 minutes (?!) in this film but his appearance is stunning to make VM's role more convincing.

We decided to watch 2 movies in the row and chose the "Elizabetown" not solely because of Kirsten Durst or Orlando Bloom but the showing time met our request.

Well, I guess the only thing I like about "Elizabetown" was its soundtrack and the Map KD did for OB. Besides, the road trip and my recent 15 hours road trip kind of bring me closer to the movie. Other than that, I would only give a 5 out of 10, it is just not outstanding.

We then went to "Cold Stone" ice cream store on the way home and picked up strawberry Cheesecake ice cream. That was yummy and competitive to Cincinnati's The Greatest Ice Cream. I guess, after all Wisconsin is America's Dairystate, ice cream should be good too!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you have a chance, you should try the ice cream from Babcock Hall at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Unbeatable! After all they won a Nobel prize....in the dairy field (adding Vitamin-D to the milk, something like that).

Another thing to have in WI - cheese! They are the cheese-heads!

7:02 AM  
Blogger Mimi said...

Not a chance to visit Madison... but I saw a bit of th UW Milwaukee campus. I guess I will keep the Babcock for next trip then!

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home