Friday, October 21, 2005

Milwaukee Art Museum


Introduction to the Milwaukee Art Museum : Designed by architect Santiago Calatrava of Spain, the museum structure is known for its "Burke Brise Soleil", or sunshade which gently and silently rolls up against the backdrop of Lake Michigan.

Wendy dropped me off at museum area and I was very impressed of this stunning building and its designs! The architectural is amazingly creative and present and very futuristic look yet artistic atmosphere to hold plenty of the arts collection in the city!

Lake front view give the museum a powerful identity to become the city's new icon and the fountain area in front of the museum creating the leisure park and recreational yet modern feel to the entire area.

I love the museum from first sight! Until I went inside the building, it gave me more wonderful impression and love the entire architectural without judging the collection of the arts!

Well, I was a bit late to enter the museum at 1430, not able to do so much in details, I pick the modern art collection I like and disregard the abstract corner. The Rembrandt exhibition is on going and that was this Gallery Night on the day I visit, therefore I did not see how the sunshade "rolls up gently or silently"!

After the Museum, I walked by the Lake front (one of the Greatest Lakes - Lake Michigan) enjoying the Veteran Park's fall colours. I the reached "Altera Cafe" where they serve excellent coffee in this old 1890++ building which was once .."something"..(can't remember what was that! sorry)...

Anyway, it was a good day and my judgment whether Milwaukee is a "kampung" or city is definitely leaning to the city side!

Hey Wendy, you have to re-define what is "Kampung" lah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home