Thursday, November 03, 2005

Dortmund - Paris Charles de Galle - Cadet

I like orange colour, therefore flying with easyJet airline always made me happy.
I like the airline too, because I seldom have bad experience or delay problem with them. Oh, except once when I went to London with Vivien last December, where we experienced 1 hour delay. But, with GMT time difference, it broke even.

Flying from Dortmund again, this time I took a train to Holzwikede and have a perfect connection from Papenburg. Flight was on time, brand new air craft (Air Bus A319), you can even smell its leather and window paint!

Arriving Paris CDG airport but made a wrong decision to take a train to city instead of a coach. RER line B train commuter train to city centre was delayed for about 1 hour. Lots of people waiting for this train and accumulated and more and more commuters, packed in from subsequent stations after train arrived. I was trapped in between a young man holding the hand grail crossing my left shoulder and an Indian guy pushing his right leg to my luggage and another black guy pressing my body to the seats. It was unbelievable and it was just sardine packed. First time I had such an experience in Europe train. After the train delayed for 1 hour departure from the airport, it was then the rush hour where everybody rushing home from office in the evening.

The announcement made about the delay of the train was due to some accident happened last night. I associated this delay to the riot trouble from the up North suburb although I could not confirm whether it was linked.

After checked in to the Hotel near the rue La Fayette, I walked to this famous departmental store and had a good deserved Chinese dinner. It was Thursday and the shop close at 2100.

Initially, I thought Paris far east tourist is more about Japanese. But I was wrong, the organized tour from Mainland China does contribute to the massive growth of its tourism industry. Everywhere you go, you will see them. Needless to say, their buying power is also huge especially when you see most of the designers shop do have many Mandarin speaking sales staff nowadays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home