Sunday, October 30, 2005

Arriving back in Germany !

The flight was surprisingly full and security was tight compare to the British Airway flight which was leaving to London in the next gate. All passengers were checked, the airline shore staffs were not friendly to the Indian Passengers but selected smiles showing to non-Indian passengers only.

I board the train hoping to get a few free seats in order to rest, but could not even manage to move after the passengers flood in to the air craft. The most annoying thing was the little kid sitting behind me was kicking and pushing my seat despite few warnings given prior to flight even taking off.

I was not able to rest well hence decided to put up the headphone to watch movie “Mr & Mrs Smith”. Movie was lousy but the most amusing thing I found behind the scene from the movie was about Vince Vough who played Brad Pitt’s partner who has now become Jennifer Aniston’s “best” friend where Mrs Smith (Angelina Jodie) is now hoping to be real Mrs Pitt pulak; what a small world! OK, after failing to entertain by AIR India’s entertainment system and have no cabin light at all to read my book, could not sleep because of the unstable seat from kicking boy, I guess I have to find some kind of entertainment from the movie until I was too tired and fall asleep.

Meal on board was not too bad, but I was hungry. Three muffins I took from Wendy’s kitchen best filled my stomach space for this 8 hours flight.

Flying from different time zones plus adjusting the winter time on the same day, I was a bit lost when the cabin supervisor announced that we had arrived Frankfurt airport at 1015am. What train shall I catch to go back to Papenburg then?

The captain then alerted us to view A380 Air Bus which was about to take off shortly upon arrival. I could see its tail from my window seat and it is really huge compare other planes which is moving around the airport in the same time.

After 5 weeks vacation in English speaking land, it is good to return to Europe and start changing my language skill (although I do not speak fluent German) to Deutsch. In fact, for some reason I felt good and happy to land in Germany again

I am fortunate to be able to stay freely in Papenburg before I fly home again in 2 weeks time! I just need to organize my left over stuff, still holidaying in certain extends, still has a short Paris trip to do, still will go to Hamburg to visit my friends before I get my One Way Ticket home.

********************************************************************************
About Air India : The only thing I am happy with Air India was its take off and landing which was surprisingly professional and perfectly conducted. Otherwise, I still prefer Malaysian Airline In-flight Service.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home