Thursday, October 27, 2005

Dim Sum

I intended to have breakfast in the Chinatown after failed to have the soy-bean breakfast in St Louis and happened to see one shop selling my type of breakfast, I decided to skip the Science & Industry Museum but just do Breakfast today!

So, I took the Red Line to Cemark/Chinatown station, but ended up having dim sum in Phoenix restaurant.

After arrived at the shop I wanted to go, I saw nobody and decided to leave and changed my mind immediately after I saw the sign read “Phoenix” restaurant few shop before this one. Phoenix is a restaurant selling mainly dim sum and has appeared as recommended Chinese restaurant in few travel guides.

Although it is quite difficult to order Dim Sum alone, my search for good Chinese breakfast had led me to this restaurant and had this very good dim sum that I desired for weeks!

It was not disappointed at all, I had the chicken feet in homemade sauce, beef stomach in ginger, pan fried white carrot cake, shrimp dumpling and fried vegetable dumpling. Besides, I had also ordered some other choices brought back to Milwaukee for Wendy and her mom.

When I arrived at Chicago Union Station for my Amtrak Train at 1230, I was actually about 30 minutes earlier than scheduled. I then waited at the waiting room and was reading the 25cent magazine about celebrity gossip (Brad Pitt crying on the phone talking to Angelina Jodie) when I heard the lady besides me started to search for funny smell. I overheard her complaining to her friend about some odd smell and could not figure out what was that. The Dim Sum smell in my to-go bag was indeed strong. She described to her friend the smell was like "old left over McDonald meal" which made her sick!

I did not react nor explain anything. Sorry, this is great Chinese Dim Sum, can't compare with the McD left over burger at all!!! As the train has started to embark passengers, I brought my Dim Sum and match to the train could not bother what smell the Dim Sum has widely spread but could imagine Wendy's and her mom's smiling face when eating these Dim Sum at home....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home