Sunday, October 23, 2005

Amtrak to Chicago

Wendy was fully occupied with the babies. With her mother over here to assist and Tim to help after is work, the baby sitting is still a 24 hours job!

We dropped the idea of driving to Chicago while Tim and another possible helper staying home with the babies. So, with Wendy's information, I decided to take a train by AMTRAK to Chicago from Milwaukee!

After living in Germany for some years and having used the excellent train network and quality of the Deutsche Bahn, I do not have any expectation of USA train network system.

If you remember one of the episodes of "Sex and the City" where Carrie and Samantha riding on a train from East to West.. that was something I want to elaborate about the train ride in US, I guess.

From the queue in the station until you board the train, it was so different from the European culture, oh, as well as the Asian style, I should say! But, it was not too bad in the train itself, very comfortable and the seat is big! Punctuality... I have some doubts in the beginning after the train delayed 5 minutes departure without announcement. But it was alright after all! I supposed I was too German in the train ride and could not even tolerate for 5 minutes delay!

I actually would not want to comment so much since the journey time was only 1 hour 32 minutes and I was taking a 30 minutes nap!! hahaa...

However, I reached Chicago as planned by Amtrak which was good enough!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home