Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Birthday......

It's my birthday, AGAIN!!

Oh, I can't believe is my Birthday again!! yes, Again!! How many more birthday to be celebrated oversea?

I guess the feeling is complicated and I will tell you more how I felt later!

**********************************************************************

I was born in the Year of Dog. Just days before my birthday, my sister HT had already sent me the horoscope forecast for 2006 which is the Year of Dog. Ehhhheemmmm….. What is the forecast then? I supposed one have to read at least 3-4 versions to justify how true they are.

I always read the horoscope forecast for fun, but sometime do have a glimpse of fear IF there were less positive comment. Anyway…

I did not plan to have my birthday in Chicago, alone. When discussing my trip with May, we kind of chatting about spending this day in Green Bay. But things changed when our traveling moods swing by the fall colours. I supposed I was holidaying and not rushing behind the clock; that’s the ways to go.

It was not about : because my birthday, therefore I went to Chicago. It was more about : because I went to Chicago, and it was my birthday too, instead.

I often sent reminder or hint messages to my friends about my birthday was around the corner and “hey – you got to do something to cheer me up” that kind of thing. But this year, being out of internet access and far away from home and no more office work station attached to, I have a quiet birthday instead.

Day started with a desire of good breakfast in a 5 star hotel. But, the wish did not come true as I was a bit late and left hostel only at 10am after replying a couple of greeting sms. I decided to have coffee and muffin at Starbuck in the nearby bookshop and wrote some postcard.

Next, I walked north of State Street and turned East to Wacker Drive, crossing a bridge on Chicago river to “Magnificent Mile” area. First, admire the Wrigley Building, then up North to Water Tower, John Hancock Center and Drake Hotel. Not to forget also, this area is in fact large shopping area for designers brand and expensive stuff. Although I very much like a special present for myself, but did not really get anything at the end of the day.

Lunch was just a simple Tuscany salad with extra cheese. Thereafter, I decided to walked back to the Loop area after getting quite bored.

Then, I took an Elevator-train to Chinatown for some Chinese grocery for Wendy. Still not getting any real birthday mood…Perhaps a Nasi Lemak to substitute a birthday cake will spicy me up a bit?

I therefore went to “Penang” restaurant; with enough cash in my wallet this time , I still did not have the stomach to stuff all favourite food.

I thought of going to the Jazz Club to spend the evening, but the White Sox was playing the Houston Astro in the World Series Baseball game at Houston-Texas tonight. If they won, they will be the champion of the World Series.

When I arrived back in the hostel, the library TV was already crowded with the Sox’s fans. I joined them for the game and it was fun to witness the victory of Chicago White Sox team, on my birthday evening!! At least now, I could say that “Chicago White Sox won the 2005 World Series Baseball Championship on my birthday”!!

At the end of the day, I just had plain day and nothing much exciting although I was at Chicago. I guess I was a bit boring to celebrat my birthday alone in foreign city. I supposed one can have many choices to spend the day if they want. I just chose the simple and boring way….alone.

Birthday feeling was complicated this year because of a beginning of new phase of life and the future changes that I could not foresee yet. Quitting my first job that I had worked for 10 years in single company, changing my lifestyle from European exposures back to Asia customs, drinking more Ice Coffee instead of Wine etc : these will definitely put a full stop somewhere in a chapter of my life.

Crossing continents and flying miles to realize current priorities or may be even I have not figured out clearly what occur to be good or bad yet; I decided to keep it plain and low profile.


I just hope that my birthday wishes will come true very soon… God bless me!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i had planned to belanja u Ah Yen seafood at Tambun once u are back to Butterworth. This is for your Birthday as well as welcome back!

4:48 AM  
Blogger Mimi said...

oh, thanks a lot! I hope Ah Yen still good by the time I return next week :-)

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home