Monday, October 24, 2005

Chicago Field Museum & Shedd Aquarium


Field Museum is definitely a highlight of Chicago visit and a fascinating place to spend a day (especially on a rainy day!) One of the best natural museum in USA.

John G. Shedd Aquarium... may be I am an advanced diver (I wonder since when..?) and I did expect more than I saw, hence a bit disappointed about this one.

OK. Both museums are located in the same area where it was defined as the Museum Campus. There is another museum called "Adler Planetarium" which have all the planets related works.

Visit to Field Museum was really good especially the largest T-rex skeleton is preserved and best kept for viewing in the central lobby. Besides, the anthropology studies and collections are really details and I love the Maori house and other ethnic related works.

One of the Malaysian collection I found was a pair of 1920 Malay Bride Sandal in the collectio featuring the development of shoes, displaying from around the globe.

The Wild Reef in the Shedd Aquarium are among the most interesting places that I enjoyed. The Penguins viewing were through a thick glass comparing to the close contact I had in St Louis Zoo. I was not quite delighted about viewing one of my favourite animal in such water tank condition. Anyway....

The rain kept me spent more time in the Museum than expected. But, the view from the Museum Campus was fantastic. You can see the downtown skyline, although with grey cloudy sky! ;-(

I headed to Chinatown for food, enjoyed the Penang Restaurant's "Popiah" and "Sambal Belacan Fried Rice" before I realised I did not have much cash in my pocket to pay!

Well, I broke my glasses in the morning and have no cash at the end of the day. I supposed this was just to make sure I remember this Chicago day! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home