Thursday, November 10, 2005

Papenburgt -> Hamburg

Bought a Lower Saxony Day Train Ticket for EUR 17 and traveled to Hamburg. The ticket has a line for you to fill in your name as the ticket owner. When I was on the first train, the conductor handed me a pen to do so. I can understand the reason behind because in the past, these tickets will be sold in a cheaper price to a second person or owner if the traveling day in done by 5pm whereas the ticket is valid from 9am to 3am for all the regional trains in the Lower Saxony State plus Bremen and Hamburg. Once my ex-colleague sold his weekend train ticket for EUR5 at 8pm after completed his traveling for that week. The weekend ticket once cost EUR 28 but now cost EUR 30, good for traveling on regional trains up to 5 persons.

I remembered when May was in Papenburg in 2002, we did one trip to Cologne with this Saturday weekend ticket for 5 persons and each of us paid EUR5.60 on all our train travel. The only disadvantage is you have to ride on regional trains and not fast train like Inter-City or Inter-City Express trains.

The journey time from Papenburg to Hamburg was 3 hours 53 minutes. Due to the connection, there is not much different if you travel on the Inter-City Train which is only got to be 20 minutes faster.

I booked self at the harbor youth hostel because I really like its location! The hostel is situated on top of a little slope above the Landungsbrucken station, excellent harbor view for its harbor front rooms in inexpensive price.

I have appointments with my supplier and my Hamburger friends this weekend, Thursday evening is basically free and easy. But after visited Hamburg so many times and have no desire to go for site seeing nor Reeperbahn red light district people watching, I went to my favourite Japanese Restaurant for a great Unagi Bento.

After a long holiday in recent America trip and Paris weekend breakaway, this Hamburg evening is plain and quiet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home