Thursday, September 15, 2005

Papenburg - Dortmund - London Luton

This is definitely a day of traveling! Immediately after my last day at work, I decided to fly off from Germany.

Went to terminate my T-online internet account in the morning meaning getting the access to post the blog will solely depend on internet cafe of friends' PC. But, hey, this is something I have to adapt to with new beginning!

Drove car to office, saw Lee Lee who is flying off tomorrow to Msia. May not see her again in few months time, sigh.

SK sent me to train station, we stood under the grey skies chatting for 30 minutes waiting for the train to arrive. It was quite a sad feeling, although I am going for holiday and he is leaving home tomorrow for holiday too. Perhaps, train station, timing and sky colour are not the good elements to say "goodbye"??

I got up to IC437 train and begin my journey at 1305pm. Skies are still grey, I remember a song from Momoko Tao "don't be in tears for me, skies...." Feeling was complex, yet relieved.

Arriving Dortmund HBF at around 1530, after grabbing my lunch, I missed the scheduled airport express. Return to train station again to catch next connection train to nearby town for a nearer bus to airport. Luckily time is enough and I remembered the town's name. It was raining heavily when bus arrived Dortmund airport.

I checked in with EASYJet to London Luton, flight was on time, that's the beauty of EasyJet, punctual most of the time. However, the flight wasn't comfortable because of much turbulence.

I never flown to Luton, the airport just look "chap-pak-lang" to me comparing to other 3 airports of London. Coach to City centre was on time too, my timing was just right to be on 1930 coach to arrive Baker Street Tube Station at 2045. It was OK and I managed to be in the tube by 2100 heading to Canning Town.

The feeling of being in the tube after July blast was a bit unusual, but everything is just fine! Christina will meet me at Beckton DLR station, I was not really tired, just a long traveling day !

Beckton - last stop of DLR, Christina was already standing with umbrella! It is my first visit to London in year 2005 although I did meet up with Christina in Lubeck in February. It is always nice to see her again and visit London who knows when I will return next??

Dinner is waiting... yummy.. I am glad I am here in London again!! I love London!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home