Friday, September 16, 2005

Stratford



I have no special itinerary for today at London, just sleep in and take my own sweet time to decide what I want to do.

Christina has to work, will meet her in Cutty Sark Greenwich for dinner tonight. But, I don't really want to go to downtown although I keep on saying I have not seen the British Museum yet.

Stratford - East London, 2012 Olympic games will be held in East London, I could hop on to a bus and take a look.. OK, just do it then.

Had a piece of white chocolate cookies as breakfast, getting on bus 262 to Stratford, about 25 minutes journey, I see the other side of London where I will not notice if I am just a tourist in city centre. Nearby neighborhood are mostly African people. Not so organised compare to other neighborhood, many Indians too. A bit uncomfortable if I would have to walk on the streets at night, may be I am just too sensitive.

Bus arrived the last stop and it is a busy station, combining tubes and bus facility in nearby area, a lot of commuters in and out, especially with the shopping centre just right in front of the station.

I was actually after the Bar which serve English Breakfast, but when I went in a restaurant call "The Swan" it was too smoky and I did not want to stay. Then, I saw KFC!! this was then my choice of lunch!! No kidding, we hardly eat KFC in Germany and like the other national food, you will definitely want to eat KFC if you can't think of any other option. This was the same thing I did when I was in Dover, all of us, went in to KFC for lunch!! Trust me!

Nothing much to see or perhaps I did not walk too far away to explore the city except the shopping complex area. The mall looks very much like Sungei Wang plaza where you have stores selling all sort of things in narrow and dark corridors.

I spent about 1.5 hour in WHSmith book shop after nothing interested me in the shopping complex. Bought 2 travel books, and heading to Canary Warft for coffee while killing time waiting for Christina for dinner.

It was a bad choice to hang around in Canary Warft and take the DLR to Cutty Sark in rush hour especially there are so many offices in CW that many commuters on DLR heading the same direction. But, I felt good among them with casual outfit, no work stress.. hahaaa..

Dinner at a Chinese restaurant which serve standard noodles, rice and fast food. Price is cheap and the portion was huge!! Surprisingly the quality is good too. Christina said because this is a student area, so it is not too expensive compare to China Town.

We thought we could catch a movie in Showcase Cinema on the way home, but the timing was not right to see "Pride and Prejudice". It was so cold at night, but the moon was bright and beautiful. Then, we decided to go back and save our energy for our trip to Stratford upon Avon tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home