Friday, September 23, 2005

Cincinnati Zoo ~ Corpse Bride

Today, Scott has to work, so after settled with Andie, we are ready to have a day out at the Cincinnati Zoo!

We met up with Aimee's mum - Anne, at the Greatest Ice Cream Store. This is the famous Ice Cream Store in Cincinnati. I got to know this store because the mum and daugthers I met in Florence who are from Cincinnati told me about this place. I had a Coconut Chip ice cream and it was great! No wonder it is called, the Greatest!! hahaaa...

Anne came with us to Zoo. It is 130th Anniversay for this Zoo, there are some special event in the Zoo to celebrate its birthday. But, the weather is humid today, just like Malaysia, every minute is hot and humid.

We matched to see the first animal and the zoo keeper introduced first elephant to the crowds as :"She is 19 years old and she is from Malaysia.". Ooops... I am from Malaysia too! What a coincident. Suprisingly there were not so many people although it was Zoo's 130 birthday.

Among all the animals, Polar Bear and the Manatee ware my favourite. We could not stand the weather any longer, after 2 hours walking in the zoo, we were too hot to enjoy and left.

After dropping off Anne, we rest for a while and met up with Scott for dinner at another Cincinnati special "Skyline Chili" where spagehtti is served with special recipe of chili and cheese topping. They serve the same in the hot dog bun and apparently this restaurant is Cincinnati food where you will either like it or hate it. It was alright for me because I am familiar with the hot and spicy stuffs and these 'chili' is not too spicy for me.

Me and Scott went for movie after dinner. We went for Tim Burton's Corpse Bride. I wanted to see the Constant Gardener. But because the comment of this movie was : very depressing, so we saw the Corpse Bride. I would want to see Ralph Finnes acting in this movie...

Corpe Bride is another Tim Burton production where you can find Johnny Depp, dark and grey colours dominant most of the time. It was entertaining and I enjoyed it. Flightplan was not one of the option although Jodie Foster is the leading actress. Anyway, I am sure I will watch some more movie later. I was just try to fill up the movie watching feeling that I miss for so long....

1 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

I bet!! You have fun eating vege food!

6:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home