Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Cologne Deutz <- -> Papenburg

Stayed one night in Cologne Deutz Youth Hostel because of late flight last night from London. Hostel facility was good and breakfast was typical German YH breakfast.

I managed to change to a 4-bedded room despite of confirm booking for single room. The YH reception guy was upset about my enquiry, but who cares?

Two other beds were taken by 2 other women and 1 was empty bunk. The German lady on the lower bunk bed in other side of bedroom was making lots of noise, snoring the whole night. My lower bunk bed Spanish girl could not go to sleep and cursing like hell. I was awake after the Spanish girl making funny bird sound to soften down the snoring woman. I just could not bother because I could sleep anywhere and was too tired to involve.

It was funny because when I met the German woman at breakfast, she asked me : "Slafen gut?" (Sleep Good?) I said, ya! of course. I did not want to tell her that she had made the terrible noise last night because she is leaving today!

Today is also my busy day because I have to go back to PPG to collect my luggage and exchange my London trolley bag for tomorrow Chicago flight.

3.25 hour train journey back to PPG, my apartment is no longer my apartment! Frau Muenster has cleaned all the stuff and changed the apartment to its original decorations where you will not realise that I have spent 3.5 years in that place!

After laundry and getting my travel insurance done, I took another IC train for 3.25 hours back to Cologne Deutz YH.

I felt that I do not belong to PPG anymore, I am a traveller who has no permanent base in Europe now. Sad...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are not sharing your itenary for the next two months? is it planned?

9:21 AM  
Blogger Mimi said...

I just don't have computer access to do it, didn't mean not sharing la!

3:01 PM  
Blogger Vivienne said...

Aren't Frau Muenster cry because you leave? Actually I don't think so since when I was there, everytime she would do her work quickly and go back to home....!

1:45 PM  
Blogger Mimi said...

No lah, Frau Muenster gave me a big hug and she was sad to see me leave after cleaning my "clean" apartment for the past 3.5 years.

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home