Monday, November 14, 2005

View from Hauptkanal, Papenburg


When I came back to Papenburg from Paris, I realized that there were some changes and improvement to the main canal. The link that was still under construction before I left mid of September is now ready.

I went to Hapag Lloyd Travel Agency to pass the Virginia Beach Sand souvenir to the agent I knew. The windmill directly opposite their office has refurbished and install with the missing pedal. The boutique on the right had also completed its renovation.

Papenburg is not a town that will inspire poem or song. Papenburg may be a good place for retired seniors. Other than that, please do not count on its small German town charms that you are looking for to bring home because it does not have one.

I am not being cruel to have unpleasant comments about a town that I live for years. I just want to keep it plain so that I do not have to miss it too much and have sleepless night back home for losing such a great opportunity being away from it. I just want it to be another town that I visited in North America, Europe or Asia that will be in My Moments memories for a while and stay in the photo album for story-telling and share with friends on a cosy night out, as simple as this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home